"Dance the Night Away"

A forum for discussing music of all types. Post links to Youtube videos, or links to articles about artists, etc. This forum is open to SpectroNet Members and the general public.

Moderators: ScottTodd, SpectroNet Members

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

"Dance the Night Away"

Post by SheilaH » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54 am

40 YEARS AGO TODAY, Van Halen began the World Vacation Tour, their first as headliners, on March 25, 1979!

On April 29, 1979, I KNOW where I was... Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN drooling over Eddie :D for the above stated tour!

Mayhem erupted when "Runnin' with the Devil", "Dance the Night Away", and "Beautiful Girls" reverberated through MSA. Alex Van Halen HAS to be the best drummer I've ever seen or heard. (Excluding our Scott ;) ) Drum solo was epic and Eddie Van Halen's guitar solo, "Spanish Fly" and "Eruption"..needless to say us girls were in heaven! Yep..Girls Were Solo!!!

Band members were:
Guitarist Eddie Van Halen, Drummer Alex Van Halen , Bassist Michael Anthony, and lead singer David Lee Roth
*Note, I hesitate to say David Lee Roth is an Indiana boy :oops: (I actually liked Sammy Hagar better)

So to honor these fine, talented musicians and they truly were/are...."Dance the Night Away"
https://youtu.be/E-rTKd-Alk8
Sheila :D
help/faq