Lori and Bev's Big Adventure!

A forum to discuss and post pictures of cool and interesting places, nature trips, mountain hikes, etc. This forum is open to SpectroNet Members and the general public.

Moderators: ScottTodd, SpectroNet Members

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

Lori and Bev's Big Adventure!

Post by SheilaH » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:49 am

As many of you know, several of us have met in real life. Many close relationships have formed and our earthquake extended family has remained steadfast. We enjoy sharing tidbits of our personal lives...so here is the latest:

Our mod Bev has been visiting our mod Lori in the bay area of California.

Pic 1) Bev and Lori at the California Academy of Sciences located in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA.
Pic 2) Bev and Lori letting their hair down visiting a winery!

Sporting their SpectroNet hoodies...looking good ladies! Thanks for sharing ladies!!!!!

Bev n Lori.png
Bev n Lori 2png.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sheila :D
help/faq

MatthewGauthier
Full SpectroNet Member

Re: Lori and Bev's Big Adventure!

Post by MatthewGauthier » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Nice! A little jealous!

BevMyers
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by BevMyers » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:21 pm

At the Academy of science we were at the earthquake simulator. We got the full 15 second experience of the 1989 Loma Prieta eq..that was amazing!!! Then we got a taste of the 90 second San Francisco 1906 eq!!! I wanted the full 90 seconds... just to see what those people went through. There was no way you could walk in either of them. Loma Prieta ruptured 25 miles of the fault. 1906 quake ruptured 300 miles of the San Andreas fault. So imagine the difference!!! I'm sure Lori has more to tell lol. The winery was beautiful!!! It was nice to take a break from the real world for awhile lol. Gorgeous views all through Napa valley. Can't wait to go back!!!! Thanks, Lori and Doug, once again!!!! Memories made for sure!!!!

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

Post by SheilaH » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 pm

I am VERY jealous!!!!
Sheila :D
help/faq

LoriWinters
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by LoriWinters » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:08 am

Well i gotta say that I tried to do the most we could considering Covid...so first we went to V. Sattui winery, only winery that wasn't reservation only. The fires wouldn't let us go up the valley any further than that because of the fires. The next day we took the ferry from Vallejo to San Francisco and went to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf...in all my life have I ever seen SF so empty. Very sad but then again we had the place to ourselves. Saw the sea lions that live at Pier 39 for 30 years. We went to Muir Woods and saw the largest coastal redwoods in the world. From there we went up the coast to a place called Goat Rock and took Bev to see the ocean (Pacific) for the first time in her life. The smile on her face and her giggle as she got her feet wet was priceless and memory I will cherish for a lifetime. Had dinner at The Tides in Bodega Bay. That was a full day. I took her to Benicia (first capitol of California) had lunch with my sister. Our last day of adventure was at The Academy of Sciences, and yes the earthquake thing was the coolest. We bough VIP tickets and got to be first in line and had a behind the scenes tour of the academy..we had the best time!!!! Best vacation I have had since we went to Hawaii in 2010. You are MOST welcome my friend!!! and we DEFENITELY made alot of memories and I hope to make many more!!!!