HURRICANE DORIAN

A forum for discussions and posts about hurricanes, blizzards, tornadoes, forest fires, floods, landslides, lightening strikes, and sinkholes. This forum is open to SpectroNet Members and the general public.

Moderators: ScottTodd, SpectroNet Members

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

HURRICANE DORIAN

Post by SheilaH » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:50 pm

One of our family will be impacted!!! Stay safe Dear Janice!!!! You're always in our thoughts but especially NOW!
Sheila :D
help/faq

LoriWinters
Full SpectroNet Member

Re: HURRICANE DORIAN

Post by LoriWinters » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:45 pm

yes stay safe janice...my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend <3

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

Post by SheilaH » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:00 am

Uh oh....FYI Janice is in St Lucie :!: BE SAFE MY FRIEND!
Latest update....
A rightward shift in the cone earlier in the evening moved the center of the storm track to Martin and St. Lucie counties and reflected the chance the storm could take a hard right turn and spare Florida a direct hit.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weath ... vaeibdjenh
help/faq

LoriWinters
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by LoriWinters » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:57 pm

i am so worried for janice and all that are in the path of dorian...prayers for all to safe <3

JaniceTroska
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by JaniceTroska » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Happy September 1st! Hurricane update. Hurricane Dorian is now a CAT 5 with maximum sustained winds at 160 mph, still moving west at 8mph. The Bahamas will forever be changed from a topography standpoint. At this time, mainstream media are confident this will make a sharp turn to the north and skirt right up the coastline. That being said, all the data from exterior sources that I have drawn my conclusions from the past 4-5 years of tracking such storms tell me otherwise. We, at the Troska household, are preparing for a CAT 4 landfall. We have everything in place and will be boarding up later today. He have enough food and water to sustain up to 3 weeks, fuel for 8 days of the generator that will power the whole house. Our roof is freaking rock solid and has a secondary water barrier so if there is a breach it will self seal. We will have a house full approximately 15 or so, as our house can easily handle a modest CAT 4. Sheila has contact info for outside family member located in Indiana for updates should our short range cell towers become damaged. We are expecting and preparing for the worst. Worst case scenario, it will turn and I won't need to go grocery shopping for weeks.

This storm is unpredictable to a point; that being said, current time this hurricane is only 5mb away from being as powerful as Andrew was. I will keep you guys posted as much as I can. I do have to work tomorrow and will be a rough drive home from work tomorrow evening. I won't be returning to work till after the storm passes. Today, will be finalizing preparations, cleaning, laundry and cooking meals ahead....I will have my phone on. If you text me, it might be a bit before getting back to you as I will be busy. lol

See ya guys later....

NatalieKelly
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by NatalieKelly » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Much love Janice, hopefully it moves away but if not least your prepared 💕🤗

LoriWinters
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by LoriWinters » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:46 pm

prayers, hugs and love to you and all your family....glad you are prepared....

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

Post by SheilaH » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 am

Stay safe Janice, Mike, and family!!! You're in our thoughts and we are biting our nails with you! Love you!
help/faq

SheilaH
Assistant Admin

Post by SheilaH » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:57 am

For those that missed post from chat, here's a live webcam from Port St Lucie where Janice is located!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLASOp8 ... e=youtu.be
help/faq

JaniceTroska
Full SpectroNet Member

Post by JaniceTroska » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Good Morning.

Currently Hurricane Dorian is way too close for comfort and I do not see how it will do a 90 degree turn.
Hurricane Dorian09_02-2019_1000.png
That jet stream is not even close to be able to pull it up. I do see the High pressure area has backed off a bit though. I guess we shall see how this unfolds.

This pic was taken from my daughter's phone from our front lawn.
HurricaneDorian_09_02_2019_1015.jpg
I will say, my animals are acting different as they usually do when a large storm approaches. There are hardly any birds out and haven't seen not one squirrel. I'll continue to post here and there, especially home pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.